New Delta monitor, no water

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by hciscott, Jan 8, 2009.

1. hciscott

hciscott New Member

I am installing a tub/shower faucet in my new house, and am unable to get more than a trickle of water. I hired the rough-in done. With the cartridge out, it appear that water is flowing from both the hot and the cold.

I have tried 3 different cartridges with the same result.

I have installed the tub/shower hardware down stairs with no problems.

Am I missings something?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott
  2. With that cartridge out and water flowing from that brass valve,

did you flush your water lines without that cartridge in before putting it to use?

If you didn't, that's why it's not working, and dirt/debri has clogged the cartridge.

It can be cleaned but if it's in the balancing spool you'll have to disassemble the cartridge.

What type water lines are in your home, and what method did you use to join piping back together...?
  3. hciscott

hciscott New Member

The water lines have been flushed.

The lines are Pex, and I have removed and cleaned the balancing spool.

Is it possible that the brass housin in the wall is bad?

Thanks,
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Did you turn on BOTH supplies? It won't pass (much, if any) water unless both the hot and cold supplies are attached and open. It's possible the anti-scald spool valve might have gotten stuck.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

flow

A stuck spool can only stop water from one side or the other, not both. If there is no, or little, water regardless of the handle setting, then the problem is after they mix, meaning in the body or pipe to the shower head.