New Bathtub drain into PVC Copper CI

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by BSwanson, May 17, 2006.

1. BSwanson

BSwanson New Member

I removed a tub with an old drum trap and copper drain that went into a Cast Iron soil pipe on the second floor. I have acess to the cast pipe, but it's in a tough spot. The contactor cut the copper drain pipe before it went into the cast. The new tub has PVC for a drain. All that has to be done is to connect them....and they will be in the ceiling, can I use a no hub steel sleeve type Fernco connector between the copper and the PVC? If not, how can it be done?
    Thanks for your help!