new bathroom addition

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by arthurrc, Feb 5, 2008.

1. arthurrc

arthurrc New Member

I am adding a bathroom- basic layout- toilet/tub/vanity, and I am also moving my washing machine to a different part of my house. It would be easiest to plumb everything in to my existing black water sewer line. What are the benefits of keeping the gray/black water seperate? and are there big negatives to running everything to my existing black line? thanks for your input. We are on a septic system.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2008
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Septic system or city sewer?
  3. arthurrc

arthurrc New Member

Septic system. Sorry.