Neorest by Toto & Kohler Power Lite

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by dc_homeplumber, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Has anyone purchased and used the Neorest? I'm very curious about popular opinion as to whether it's worth its price.

I've also wondered about the Kohler Power Lite models. Their price tag is also hefty. Most of them are very aesthetically pleasing (to me, anyway). I'm leary, though, of a toilet that needs electricity to flush. Putting aside the concern about the occasions beyond your control when you lose electricity, how reliable are the motors and what is the cost/difficulty to replace the motor?
  2. sparking5

sparking5 Electrician, JIW

That's interesting. Electrical in a toilet. Hmmm...Water & electricity. That could become a "Hot Seat". Sorry, couldn't resist.

I've never heard of these so I can not help. I can only offer humor. But as an electrician who has used many port-o-john's in the winter in Michigan...I would sure beinterested in a heated seat. ;)
  3. sparking5

sparking5 Electrician, JIW

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2008
  4. Mike50

Mike50 DIY Senior Member

What is involved with servicing the Neorest?