Need to replace microsprays with something more rugged

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by blown, Oct 8, 2010.

1. blown

blown Engineer

My friend's beds are set up with a mixture of drip and microsprays, all on the same zone all the way around the house. I'm not sure how many sprays/emitters, but it's a LOT and rezoning is not something that I could get done any time soon. I'd estimate maybe 12 microsprays with the rest being emitters.

So the microsprays are attached atop rainbird xeri-pop heads. The problem is that they get broken ALL the time by the mowers and sometimes by her. I am tired of replacing them, so I'd like to throw on a normal spray nozzle.

The problem is that I don't know what nozzel(s) to use that will put out about as much flow as the microsprays. I don't want to just toss on just whatever and mess up the balance of the system.

What do you guys think?