Need retro 50s faucet and handles for shelfback (?) sink

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkZ

Reaction score
Hello,

I need help! I want to restore my bathroom sink; get it re-glazed, but first I want to find new handles and a new faucet.
The only markings I can find is the word "Standard" on the drain. Attached are photos. I can look at the writing on the underneath of the sink if that would help.
I need the exact handles, the escutcheons, the faucet and the pop-up assembly; everything. The pop-up is completely broken off and the lever on the spout is jammed. The house was built around 1952-1955. The chrome is pitted and gauged in places from pliers. I live in South Jersey, outside of Philadelphia.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I have searched and searched and came up empty.

Mark

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,776
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,582

MarkZ

Reaction score
I hadn't thought of that, but I wouldn't know where to get that done, either. And some of the parts are broken or jammed, so I think I would be better off getting new hardware altogether. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are companies that make shelfback replacement faucets. Since the center to center dimensions varied greatly between makes and models, some of these faucets have adjustable centers. The new ones will probably have a push/pull diverter but the action as far as the popup will be the same.

MarkZ

Reaction score
Thanks. So far, I have not been able to find this style anywhere I that have looked online. I don't need the guts, just what you see on the outside; handles, escutcheons, faucet, pop-up. I'd really like to find the exact same thing, with the diverter handle on the faucet. I don't see how a push/pull diverter would fit on this sink.

Robert Baird

Reaction score
Hello,

I need help! I want to restore my bathroom sink; get it re-glazed, but first I want to find new handles and a new faucet.
The only markings I can find is the word "Standard" on the drain. Attached are photos. I can look at the writing on the underneath of the sink if that would help.
I need the exact handles, the escutcheons, the faucet and the pop-up assembly; everything. The pop-up is completely broken off and the lever on the spout is jammed. The house was built around 1952-1955. The chrome is pitted and gauged in places from pliers. I live in South Jersey, outside of Philadelphia.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I have searched and searched and came up empty.

Mark
Wondering if you ever found replacements for the handles, escutcheons, etc. We have exactly the same hardware in a cottage we just purchased. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,710

Widgit Maker

Reaction score
As stated above, it would be a lot simpler, faster and cheaper to take every thing apart, clean any rust and take them to a chrome shop. Google chrome plating in your area. Then replace the washers and seats of the valves. The cleaner you have them when you take them to the chrome shop the less it will cost you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks