Need help with adding tub drain and vent

Users who are viewing this thread

fish4hc

Reaction score
Im a contractor and im remodeling my own bathroom and have some questions as im a carpenter by trade and do limited plumbing. I have slab now and had a tub but now a shower is going where the tub was and a drop in tub next to the shower. I have busted out concrete and found the 2" drain line venting up in the wall shown in first drawing and then reducing to 1 1/2 through ceiling as well as t off to 1 1/2 for existing tub trap in slab.

So the plan is to add a drop in tub on the left running 2" line to shower p trap and then tying into the existing 2" line. The bottom drawing shows tying into the existing vent or do I need to run seperate vent stack up through roof at tub? Im in California and no permits but I want it to code. Any help or advice.
Sorry I have 1st grade drawing skills.........

Thanks

Attachments

• plumbing1.jpg
    plumbing1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 245

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
p
Your "first grade" drawing skills seem to show the tub tying in to the drain between the shower floor and its "P" trap. If so, that CANNOT be done and there may be a vent problem depending on exactly how you do the piping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks