Need help venting a shower...

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark249

Reaction score
Installing a corner shower in my bathroom and not sure how to vent it. I have to connect my shower drain to my sink drain that is already vented, can I run my shower drain 8 feet and use my sink and toilet vent, not sure if running my shower drain 8 foot to my vent is too far. The picture below shows how I would have to connect my shower drain, any info would be appreciated..
vent scan 4.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
8" is the max length you can run a 2" trap arm at 1/4" per foot of slope. So yes you can do it, just make sure you don't exceed the slope or the length.

Check your local code trap arm lengths to be sure. If you have a more strict code you'd have to run a vent vertically in a wall along the way and connect it to the existing dry vent system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks