Need Help Identifying a Valve and Finding a Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

gfisbeck

Reaction score
Hi All-

I have pre-fab steam shower that my wife purchased off **** three years ago. The show looks great, but it has been a challenge to work with.

The latest fiasco involves the 5-way diverter valve (I hope I'm using the right term) that switches between the overhead shower, the hand shower, the body jets, and the foot massage attachment.

This valve (the blue part in the photos) has a brass valve stem and about two weeks ago, the valve broke. I have been to several plumbing stores in the area and have searched the internet and have not been able to find a replacement part. I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out how to get a replacement. I would appreciate any help you can give.

Attachments

• Full Assembly.JPG
    Full Assembly.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 267
  • valve top.JPG
    valve top.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 288
  • valve side 2.JPG
    valve side 2.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 278
  • valve side.JPG
    valve side.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 273
  • valve back.JPG
    valve back.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 270

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Unless you have make and model numbers there is not much I can help you with,I have never seen that cartrage before keep trying
Clay

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Did the folks at the famous bay or the famous list indicate what brand it was? We strongly recommend NOT purchasing from that source, for the now obvious reason.

BTW, the photo of the lady saying "i'm a mormon" pops up on my post. Apparently my reputation as somewhat of a heathen has leaked out, and someone is trying to reform me!!!!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks