Need help/ideas on how to remove a plastic pipe fitting

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by The Dude, Jan 23, 2013.

1. The Dude

The Dude New Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Hello all - first time poster - I need to remove a copper pipe dropping down from a brass t-connector in a copper pipe assembly coming from a steam generator to the steam bath.

Below picture shows the t-connector and the pipe needed to remove at the left, and at the right a close-up view of the connector I'm working with.

It is a beige, thin plastic piece connecting the copper pipe to the brass t-connector. the pipe turns freely and moves within the t-connector, so I know its not glued in. Any ideas on how to get this plastic piece from the t-connector?

2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Nov 29, 2010
    Push the plastic towards the fitting while pulling on tha pipe
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mikeplummer

mikeplummer Plumber

Mar 28, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    shark bite or equivalent removal tool
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    gently push the pipe towards the fitting, then press the plastic piece towards the fitting, and while holding that,, pull the pipe out. 3 hand job. A horseshoe-shaped sharkbite tool makes it a one man job,
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    Place a Crescent wrench over the copper tubing, then use it to push the ring inward while pulling on the copper tubing.