Need advice capping copper lines to wetbar. Slab foundation

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by zachw, May 2, 2013.

1. zachw

zachw New Member

First post here. Thanks for the help.

I need to cap off some lines that previously went to a wetbar. There are two copper supply lines and a pvc drain pipe. Wood flooring will be installed over the lines so it needs to be flush.

Can I just dig a few inches into the concrete and solder caps on the lines? Or is there something more complicated to be done here?

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Your problem doing that will be air pressure created by heating the caps will probably "blow" through the solder creating leaks, or it could even blow the caps off before you get them soldered.