Need a ball valve recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a brass ball valve that will last? We replaced on that we had used for about 1 1/2 years with the same brand. The second one has only been installed for about 3 months and it is already leaking (just a drip) from the top of the valve.

I've been buying them at Lowes, American Valve brand.
sink_valve.jpg

These are not cheap but I'd be willing to pay more for one that will last at least a few years. Any suggestions?

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They are not really designed to be a valve that is continually turned on and off. Doing that WILL wear the stem packing seal, which is what is happening to your valves. There is a packing nut under the handle which might be able to be tightened to stop the drip, but it will eventually come back. You need a "faucet" designed for constant usage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks