Navien NPE-A2 check valve part numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

awning

Reaction score
Hello, I had a Navien NPE-210A2 installed in November 2021. When I was descaling it for the first time a few months ago, I noticed that the an inlet filter was broken, and the check valve had plier marks on the little handle used to twist it into position. Looks to me like the installer went a little too hard on plastic parts.

There has been a rattling that I've been trying to diagnose, and I read that the check valve is prone to failure easy enough to replace. Worth a try!

Navien's installation manual shows this diagram...
partsdiagramcheckvalve.PNG

partno.PNG

And I bought one of these from Supplies Depot:
https://www.suppliesdepot.com/product/navien-30008360a-check-valve-for-npe-series
NAVIEN-30008360A-CHECK-VALVE-NPE_480x446.jpg

Doesn't fit!

The diagram does show a shorter part, and I have a 30008360A rather than the 30008360* that the parts list calls for.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Do I need a completely different part, or am I misinterpreting something? I can't find any 30008360's (without the 'A') anywhere.

Thanks! First post, but trust me, I've been lurking and soaking up the forum's expertise for while.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
First off that of course, is the old NPE A series. The new A2 series check valve is different.
Unfortunately, even the new series check valves the same early sticking open failure as the A models had.
Navien covers the cost of the check valves but HATES talking to non-plumbers.
Attempt to persist that you are familiar with the simple check valve and they should send you one.
Or, get your installer to call it in and ask for the part to be sent to you...they usually only send to us pros.
Any plumbing supply distributor for Navien can order the correct part but your Navien warranty covers the parts.

DenverSam

Reaction score
The A2 part is different (and the manual has the old and incorrect part number).
Correct number is 30024442A
Navien confirmed that these are prone to failure.
Part is covered for 5 years from install.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
We are seeing failure in the A2 check valves after just a few months. Our chloramine and the o-rings are not a good pairing.
So, we are often going out 2 and 3 x per year to replace now.

BobHelm

Reaction score
I'm not a pro. But decided to fix my wandering temperature problem by getting a replacement check valve. Unfortunately, in my naivety, I ordered and received the "longer" version. I improvised by disassembling (aka gently breaking free) the new check valve itself from the new part and snapping it on the old non-valve/outer part. I have to warn that this swap needs to be carefully done or you'll wind up breaking the old and/or new parts! For what it's worth, it worked.

BobHelm

Reaction score
I've pretty much had it with the (local Lake Forest, CA) Navien people and the part costs $6 so ... That said, a good friend of mine, who IS a pro, had his guys originally install the unit and the (many) problems I've had with the POS - faults, PCB issues, etc - has created an uncomfortable situation between us. NOW, though, I can go back to him and have him presumably get the right part for this thing. I figure I'll keep 2 or 3 on the garage shelf next to my Maytag washer and dryer spare parts!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks