Navien NCB240/130H

Users who are viewing this thread

ajimt

Reaction score
Does anyone have the dip switch settings to change the model number to NCB-240/110H. I think the unit is oversized and I want to cut the unit back to see if I can make it use less propane. I have tried some other things but these have not helped.. Also if you have any suggestions I would appreciate them as I am learning what makes this unit run properly.. The installing contractor doesn't appear to know how the unit works so is no help with making it run most efficiently. Thanks for your help..

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Sounds like a good way to void a warranty. I would not recommend it. What problems are you having. It will modulate down to 13,000 btu, same as the 110. I think if it's set up properly it will be fine. What is your setup?

ajimt

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. This system is replacing a 20 year old oil boiler and an oil water tank. It seems to be burning too much propane as it seems to run too many hours in the day and yes it does modulate down. I have noticed that it seems to not heat the water enough to satisfy the thermostat on all 4 zones so that the unit can shut down rather than run. It basically is setup the way it came from the factory except the outlet temperature is set to 145 F as anything less than that and the baseboard is really not putting out enough heat. It does have the outdoor temp sensor.. I have never had a tankless before and don't know which parameters should be reset to get the best fuel economy. Any suggestions are certainly welcome or if there is anywhere to get more info on setting it up.. Thanks, Jim

GReynolds929

Reaction score
The outlet temp should be 120° or less to be getting the best efficiency out of out of the unit. They're designed to run for long periods of time, 13,000 btu x 5 hr is less energy then 130,000 x 1 hr. There are others on here that know a lot more about the heating side of things than me, hopefully they can chime in too.

ajimt

Reaction score
Appreciate your thoughts but if I had it running at outlet temp of 120 F there is no way that we could live in the house when the outdoor temp is below 30F which is most of the winter. I will see if I can get more info on how to set the parameters and what this setting does and then I should be able to get the best I can out of it.. Thanks again..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks