navien ch240 hot water takes a while to reach fixtures

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by Sparkymurph, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Sparkymurph

Sparkymurph New Member

With a new installation of a Navien ch240 combi boiler/hot water unit, the hot water takes a good 45 seconds to reach a fixture that is only 3 feet from the unit. The manual says to take the circulating pump off of freeze protection mode. I cannot find any procedure on how to do go about changing the mode. There is nothing in either manual or online. Any ideas?
  2. zl700

zl700 DIY Senior Member

Changeover time from a cold start is only 15 seconds so your wait should only be 20 seconds tops leading me to believe something is wrong with piping or install.
    Go to orange manual and with Navien remote installed, try programming the DHW preheat option so that hot water should leave heater instantly. You can always call the 800 number on back of manual for assistance.
  3. Surfing Plumber

Surfing Plumber New Member

I installed a good amount of Navien in my career, all i gotta say is I got call backs on 80% of them. There always something wrong with them, if not the switch sensor, or is the circuit board. The built-in recirculation system doesn't even work well.. it is just a selling gimick..I say to stay away from Navien. You get what you pay for...
  4. zl700

zl700 DIY Senior Member

Surfer, do you read installation manuals as well as posts? No wonder you have problems, it's about the combi not a Tankless, there is no recirc on a combi.