Natural gas burner maintenance

Users who are viewing this thread

Bubbly

Reaction score
Last year I converted from oil to gas. Although I serviced my previous oil burner annually is annual servicing of the gas burner required,
Bob

Stuff

Reaction score
As gas is a lot cleaner lots of gas fired systems go decades without being touched. Good to have it looked at now to verify conversion did not cause issues. Take a look at the manual. Manufacturer instructions probably still call for an annual "inspection" to catch things early before they cause bigger problems.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Buy a carbon monoxide detector.

Did you have the chimney relined or have a chimney sweep certify the existing chimney?

Oil is considered a wet fuel and natural gas is dry

When the soot inside the chimney is converted from oil to gas it can cause failure of the chimney do to the acidic reaction of the soot

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks