My son sprayed the water hose down my tankless vents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Corin

Reaction score
My Rheem indoor tankless water heater wasn't working. After looking up the error codes, I discovered that it was having problems with ignition. When I pulled the cover off, I discovered water on the bottom of the heater. After some detective work I discover that my 5 year old son was playing in the sprinkler and he sprayed a bunch of water to the exhaust/intake vent.

I am hoping that if I just let it all dry out it will start working again.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many gas appliances say in their manual that if certain parts get wet, the unit must not be used until those parts are replaced! I'd search the manual carefully for any discussions on that subject. The parts where that usually applies are the gas valve and related controls...they could get corroded if they got wet and not perform properly.

Now, it may all dry out and work properly, but it may or may not be safe at that point. Each one is somewhat different, so can't be precise on that one...if you're lucky, someone may know the specifics on yours.

A model number would certainly help...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks