My new Vormaxx leaks!

Users who are viewing this thread

pattio

Reaction score
I just had a new A-S Optimum Vormaxx toilet installed one week ago. It leaked from the left side bottom (where it sits on the floor) of the toilet, nothing horrific but enough to be a concern. A call to the plumber, shut off the water and flushed until the tank was as empty as it was going to get, water was still leaking out of the bottom. He came out and reset it this morning and now it's leaking from the right side . Again it's not gushing out but slow and steady. I've turned off the water and flushed the tank empty but water is still leaking out. What could be happening here?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Does it leak all of the time or just when it is flushed? Mop up the water as completely as possible and let the toilet set unused overnight. It there is water I would suspect there is a crack in the toilet. If it is only leaks when flushed, you haven't got a good seal at the flange. Also, flushing alone will not empty all of the water.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would tie a ribbon, cotton rope, crepe paper etc around the bottom an inch or two above the floor. If it gets wet, then the water comes from above rather than from the bottom.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does the toilet rock back and forth if you try to move it? IF so, it needs to be both reset with new wax AND shims installed to prevent it from rocking, as when that happens, it squishes the wax and when it rocks back, it leaves a gap. It's also possible that the flange is broken, or the toilet is defective.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It was getting late when I made my original reply. I should have added that there could be a leak coming from the connection of the tank and bowl. This is what Reach 4 was talking about.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Touch the bottom of the tank hold down bolts under the bowl. Is either bolt end wet? If so, put a napkin between the tank and the bowl. If it comes out wet it's probably the gasket. Chances are the tank wasn't tightened down correctly - alternating tightening.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I will bite my tongue about AS quality control until we see whether it's the unit or the installation. But I'm here in the wings with some snarky comments ready, just in case.

I expect that INAX, the new Japanese owners of AS, will eventually beat AS's crappy quality control into submission and bring it in line with INAX's high standards. But I fear it's going to be a long ride; you can't change a culture of crap overnight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks