Moving Refrigerator water line Pex ?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dirtmcgirt79, Jun 18, 2009.

1. dirtmcgirt79

dirtmcgirt79 New Member

Hi... I have a quick question..

We are moving our refrigerator to an opposite wall during a kitchen remodel. I need to re-run the water line, and I have about 25 feet of 1/2 Pex left from a prior project... If I "T" off a 1/2 supply line and run the PEX up through the attic and down out behind the fridge, what is the easiest way to connect the 1/2" line to the 1/4" copper line required for the fridge?

Should I use a stop valve? And if so, what kind of connector can be used between the stop valve to get it down to the 1/4"?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Pex

I am not sure what your routing would be, but I would just run the 1/2" PEX as a conduit and shove 3/8" o.d. or 1/4" PEX through it for the actual water line.
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

You can get a pex x 1/4 compression stop. You can get a pex x 1/4 adaptor also.
  4. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Can't have compression stops in the wall though. Need an icemaker box.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I like those icemaker supply boxes. Makes for one slick installation...

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010