Moving a toilet 1 to 2 inches

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockman1

Reaction score
I am remodeling my bathroom and the toilet is not centered. I would like to move it a inch or two. I was told a offset flange might be what I am looking for but I was also told that I can expect a lot of clogging.with a offset flange. Anyone have any experience with a offset flange? Just to note I am replacing the old toilet with a bidet toilet so there will be little toilet paper going down the drain. Also my old flange is cast iron.. I could leave it the way it is but since I am redoing the bathroom it would be nice have it as perfect as possible.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would avoid the offset flange as much as practicable.

A lot of factors come into play here. Type of construction your building is? Is the drain piping cast iron due to fire code? If you are slab on grade or joists over crawl space or joists over ceiling? If the toilet trap arm is coming from a cast iron stack at the wall then an offset in the trap arm is probably only a couple hours more work than an offset flange. An offset flange is also taller than a normal cast flange over a closet bend, so it may not even fit.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think some offset flanges are better than others. The Sioux Chief and Oatey with a stainless steel ring are good. They give 1.4. Even better would be a 45 degree output if you can do the piping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks