Moving a sink and water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

WilliamPenny

Reaction score
Hello. I am moving my sink and water lines from one wall of my Kitchen to a peninsula 12ft across the room. I have cut my concrete about 18in wide from the original wall location to the new peninsula location. The original location was vented through the roof. I plan on tapping the drain and hot and cold from that original location. I am running all three lines together through the trench I have dug. Do I need to have an incline/decline in my "extension" drain pipe as it goes back to the original? I will "T" it into the original and leave the existing roof vent. Will I need a Studor valve at the new sink location? Anything else I am missing? Thanks for the advise!

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Did you seriously just ask if you needed to slope a drain?

I think you need to do a LOT more reading before even attempting this.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you don't slope it at least 3" over the 12' run, you should invest in a good quality drain snake machine...you will need it often.

If you are joining horizontal to horizontal, then a tee is not the correct fitting.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
You need to get a plumbing permit. When you get the plumbing permit talk to the inspector about how he wants the drain installed/vented. You will need slope and 1/4" per foot is the norm.

Islands can be done a couple ways.

Reminds of a dumba@@ inspector that couldn't or wouldn't say "Island". He would say....."You need an IS-Land vent" I kept asking WTH is a IS land vent.....I think it made him made. LOL

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unless in Miami gravity is reversed so that water will run up hill, you will need to slope the drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks