Monoflow zone not getting hot on some outlets

Users who are viewing this thread

Sallyboy104

Reaction score
So I did an extension on a house and added about 25 ft of baseboard to a monoflow 1 inch line that had about 50 ft on it already. The monoflow tee outlets were 1/2 inch so they feed 1/2 and come back 1/2. I'm not getting heat from the extension side which I added the 20 ft and from one other baseboard but the other radiators that were there get hot. I tried ups g the pump to a 0010 taco from a 007f3 and nothing. At the boiler the line goes out super hot and comes back super hot. I'm wondering if I changed the monoflow tee to 1 x 3/4 instead of the 1 x 1/×2 if that will help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Are you sure you installed the mono-flow tees in the correct orientation?

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Is it possible that there is air in your extension, creating a vapor-lock? (Hopefully you installed an air bleeder valve on the downstream side of the radiation on that branch?)

Sallyboy104

Reaction score
It could be possible but the whole zone goes out super hot and comes back super hot and I reading up on this kind of system and it says when monoflow tees were designed they didn't plan for long runs of baseboard and if u do use baseboard then run short lengths and I'm thinking my problem might be that I have about 40 feet from where it goes out the 1/2 tee and comes back thru a 1/2 tee

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
It's true that the side loops to radiators are usually a lot shorter/lower-head than than an 80' round-trip.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks