Mold Remediation

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Ezrin

Reaction score
Hi,

What are the recommended methods to stop mold ore get rid of it.

(1) I had a couple of leaks in a few spots around the house - under a sink and also from a pipe in the storeroom. They weren't floods but because water did get into some places, I'd like to make sure I take appropriate steps. What would people suggest to spray under the sink and around the pipes, flooring and studs in the storeroom? I thought I'd seen something like concrobium as a recommendation. Are there other solutions to buy as a spray?

(2) In some of my showers, there is, what I'll assume is mold, on caulk and/or grout. Are there products to remove that mold from the caulk or the grout? Same products as above? I can remove the caulk and recaulk but I'd rather not have to regrout the showers.

Thanks for your time.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Nothing will remove mold from caulk or grout (aside from surface scrubbing on grout...which will return nevertheless).
Mold remediation is a whole separate world from plumbing that I doubt you'd get much more than amateur answers for here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks