moen shower valve supply question

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by spooner, Feb 18, 2007.

1. spooner

spooner New Member

hey folks,
    i have a quick question ..
    i installed my moen shower valve with the word UP facing the ceiling. Which side does the HOT supply line connect to? I was told its always the left, but I just wanted to confirm before I connected everything.
    I have a shower only, no tub diverter etc.

Thanks for the help
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Yes, the hot supply is on the left as you face it. The thing should have come with some installation instructions to give you the proper mounting so that it will have the trim fit well.
  3. spooner

spooner New Member

yes, it did come with instruction of how far to place it from the face of the studs etc. It just didnt specify where the hot supply line goes, and I just wanted to make sure.
    Thanks a lot
  4. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

And if you make a mistake, just 180o the cartridge.