Moen pulsating shower head

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Gerard Lietz, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Gerard Lietz

Gerard Lietz New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    How does one disassemble the Moen pulsating shower head (with the lever on the side)? The pulsating part works fine but the regular spray is very non- uniform. I have soaked it overnight in CLR to no avail. I cant find a screw to remove to take it apart- might it be under the label on the switch? I can't unscrew the plastic head because it is tapered and I can't grip it. The brass part is very nice and I think it is just sand or debris in the head. I tried blowing it out backwards with a air compressor but that didn't work. I can't find any help from Moen on the web. Looking into it where the water enters there seems to be no allen head orifice-just a drilled hole straight through.How do i get it apart to clean it?

Gerry lietz
  2. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Jun 12, 2006
    I had a similar problem, and I nearly wrecked the shower head trying to take it apart. I ended up using a wire and even a small paper clip to clean out the little holes, and it works fine.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement