Moen Models? Posi-Temp

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dkdaniel, Jan 29, 2011.

1. dkdaniel

dkdaniel New Member

Hi All! I've been researching how to repair my Moen shower faucet. I've found many helpful online videos on fixing the Moen model 1220 or 1225. My problem is that my cartridge-based valve doesn't look like that. Mine does not pull out before it turns. It simply turns and mixes the water cold-to-hot as it travels thru its arc. Upon removing the handle, I see what is probably a cartridge covered with a white plastic/nylon part combined with a brass insert with a set screww that allows the mix ratio to be adjusted. What am I looking at here? I have not found any other Moen model online that looks like this. I'll appreciate the help as my water bill is up 50% because of the leak.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Sounds like you have a positem. There are lots of trim varieties, but this diagram shows pretty much how it all goes together:
    http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/l82691pt.pdf

Remove the sleeve ("stop tube") and after turning off your main water, pull out the retaining clip. You will probably need a Moen cartridge puller, which is available at the same place you will buy the new 1222 cartridge

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011