Moen Frost Free Silcocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I was at a plumbing supply house and saw the Moen frost free hot/cold silcock. Looked well constructed, but not cheap! Right now I run a hose out the back door from my townhouse, but am considering having something installed (can't legally do it myself in the multi-family dwelling). Wondering if you get what you pay for there? The last time someone mentioned this was a few years ago (that I found anyway)...wonder if anyone has some recent and maybe long-term history on how well they work. Also, they make a similar cold only silcock. What brands have people found that are really long-lasting and trouble free? Want maybe a cold only for out the front, and the hot/cold for the back.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I've installed quite a few Jim and my customers love them...

I have a large number of customers with homes on the ocean or, lake and they all want an outside shower...
Of course by code I throw in the pressure balanced mixer, pan and drain and get laughed at when I tell them the price...
Jose Handyman comes along and throws up some copper pipe, and a couple of cheap globe valves for a lot less and walks away with cash in his pocket.

I get called to fix it in the spring after it freezes!

My solution for several years now is I install a Moen HC Frost Proof Silcock and what they hook up with a hose is not on me...
I just tell them to make certain that the hose is disconnected for the winter...
While it costs more than what Jose Handyman installs it is ready to go next spring, and their neighbors call wanting the same thing installed...
It won't go full hot but it will be comfortable....

List on them is about $120 but I usually get them for about $75...

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds good. On-line, delivered, they're around $65, depending on the length needed for the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks