Moen Dialcet shower faucet leak

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by LadyL, Jan 8, 2005.

1. LadyL

LadyL New Member

I have an older house with a dripping shower nozzle. The control trim is labeled Moen Dialcet. I've taken off the clear acrylic single control handle searching for either a washer or cartridge to replace but see neither -- no retaining clip, nothing. Brass & plastic parts are also very mineral stained and Brasso & CLR have only minimally made them look better. The valve is behind tile and the back side is not accessible. Any ideas or where to find parts/and or fix the thing? I've tried Ace Hardware & Home Depot.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

moen

Dialcet was the original Moen twist and pull shower valve. It is just like the current ones, however. The clip is the thin piece of metal sticking out of the top of the brass barrel when you remove the chrome "stop tube". Removing that will probably be the easy part. If it still has a brass cartridge in it, then rmoving it without damaging the faucet may be a job for a plumber with the proper tool (or tools, since it could require more than one tool to do it.)
  3. LadyL

LadyL New Member

Thanks!

Thanks, HJ. I'll check out your suggestion.