Moen 3320 or 3330 rough-in confusion

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Plumb Crazy, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. Plumb Crazy

    Plumb Crazy New Member

    Jul 25, 2005
    Greetings all,

    This is my first time using the forum and I hope to see a quick resolution to my "potential" problem.

    I am installing a master shower area (for lack of a better term) with a body spray shower system. The main valve is a Moen 3320. My problem is that I do not see how I can rough-in the valve within a standard-sized wall, or for that matter, how to connect support to it.

    I've seen smaller valves supported solely by the two vertical feed lines but this valve must weigh ten pounds. It is so big that when positioned where the face plate is flush with where the finished tile will be, there is only about 3/4" left before I would hit the back part of the wall (drywall).

    Any input on how to mount this valve would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you!

    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  2. jdkimes

    jdkimes Engineer

    Sep 2, 2004
    Littleton, CO
    It looks like from the Moen website there is a kind of drop ear elbow on the top w/ two screw holes that you can use to attach to a 1x4 or some kind of metal support bar.
    But I'm an amateur.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. smileyroget

    smileyroget New Member

    Apr 13, 2006
    Ann Arbor MI
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
Similar Threads: Moen 3320
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Moen 3320 IPS and 3330 CC Shower + Diverter Valve for Sprayer Mar 9, 2008
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Looking for Moen Brand faucet parts (1950's) Oct 14, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Moen Posi-Temp, replacing cartridge of bathtub faucet single handle Sep 26, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Moen Moenique, Help with shower faucet Aug 12, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Moentrol, Only hot water coming from Moen shower Aug 11, 2016

Share This Page