misaligned drain

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by 12sam12, Aug 27, 2005.

1. 12sam12

12sam12 New Member

I Just Removed My Toilet Drain Line, It Was Made Of Lead. I Am Going To Replaced It With Pvc From The Cast Iron Stack To The New Closet Flange. My Problem Is That I Cannot Line Up The Closet Flange To The 45 Degree Elbow Below(it Is Off By 1"-2"). Any Ideas On How To Solve This Problem?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

bend

I can think of several ways that might work, but I do not know if any would be adaptable to your situation, since I cannot see what you are working with. You normally would not have an 1/8 bend under the toilet.
  3. 12sam12

12sam12 New Member

hj-
    thanks for the reply-
    my other problem is that i have a VERY short run from the end of the 45 to the cast iron stack (maybe 5"). so i am unable to attach a 22 degree offset. any thoughts?
  4. Kristi

Kristi Tradesman Plumber

As hj mentioned, it's pretty hard to imagine what you're describing without seeing it... does it sounds like something that an offset flange would work with? gives you an extra 1.5" of room or so when you need it... :confused:
  5. 12sam12

12sam12 New Member

Thanks Kristi-
    let me try to explain it a little better.
    when i place the new flange in the floor, the 45degree elbow does not line up w/ the bottom of the flange, it is off to the left by 1" - 2".
    Then from the stack i have a rubber sleeve, then i would add a 4" length piece of pvc which would then connect to the other end of the elbow.
    does that help? if it does please send any suggestions.
    thanks
  6. just a very slight bend?

do you have a fernco fitting or a no - hub clamp with
    a SS steel band around it???

Cut the pipe and install the fernco coupling.
    because it is made of neopreme ,
    I would gamble that it will give you that much 1 inch

try it with the fernco loose. If it works, screw down the flange
    then tighten down the fernco fitting,

its not something I would recommend to do every day,
    but if you cant move the stack, and you cant get a fitting to work
    then you got to bend the pipe.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  7. 12sam12

12sam12 New Member

Master Plumber-
    thanks for the tip, i'm going to go out and get a fernco coupling and try it. i'll let you know.

thanks