Mini split recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Dorlando13

Reaction score
Hello,

I need to purchase a 1k or so mini split, maybe 9000 btu. I understand the market has been bombarded with a lot of cheap knockoffs from overseas. My wife just lost her job due to Covid 19 so my budget is limited. I don't have the dollars for a Mitsubishi or Fujitsu but I also don't want something that will break in two months. My installer has access to brands like Midea, Gree, Pioneer and I think Daikin. I think they are not top tier brands. I have read that Pioneer may be made by Gree but I am not sure.

Anyways, any recommendations on a system where I can balance budget with quality? This system will probably only run 6 hours a day as it is for a bonus room.

Thanks

Martin Boring

In the Trades
Reaction score
My wholesaler sells Daikin. I have installed a few and so far no issues with them. I have worked on a few of the cheap knockoffs and they are junk. Had a friend that bought a in process flip house for his son and it had some cheap knockoffs setting there that hadn't been installed he sold them and we actually put a furnace AC and duct work in the house.