Metal verses Non-Metalic tub spout

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jadnashua, May 17, 2010.

1. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Delta makes the pull-down tub spout in both a non-metalic construction (RP17453) and a metalic version (RP17454). I'm assuming that the metal one is more durable, but they both come with the same finish warranty. The metal one is about 2x the price of the non-metalic one. Is it really worth twice as much? (I guess $25 isn't all that much, but this is a gift for my 84-year old mother...durability probably isn't a big thing!).
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The 17453 is what comes with most of their valves and is the one I use for new or replacement purposes. The ones in my house are over 10 years old and still look like new.