Metal straps on ABS pipe?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by David Meiland, Oct 1, 2006.

1. David Meiland

David Meiland General Contractor

I bought a couple of boxes of 2" and 3" C-shaped pipe straps from Keller. When I opened them they turned out to be galv steel. I'm going to be running ABS drains and am not sure that metal straps are OK on plastic pipe. The salesman I buy from is generally right on as far as what he sends out to me, so I assume that's what he's sending everyone. What are pros using?
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

The metal straps will be fine as long as when you hang the pipe it doesn't pull the pipe up from the drain angle.
  3. David Meiland

David Meiland General Contractor

These would generally be used where the pipe is vertical and against a stud. I have the correct hangers for running underfloor.
  4. Winslow

Winslow Plumber

they will work good.