Master bathroom remodel - review and DWV test setup advice request

Users who are viewing this thread

jut

Reaction score
Hi!

I am making progress on our master bath remodel and had a few lingering questions. I've attached the layout of the bathroom looking down from above as well as horizontally showing the drains/vents. How do I isolate all of my DWV to test it? Do I use test tees/celanouts at all of the points where I placed an asterisk in the image below? How do I seal those up afterward (I can't conceal a cleanout right)?

For the shower, all that I'm doing is moving the existing drain over to the next joist bay. There will be about 16" of new pipe and a new p trap. Do I slide a plug down that and have just that small portion of pipe filled with water?

Is there an easier way to fill the new piping than going through the roof vent?

Greatly appreciate any help. Thanks again!

Bathroom layout and venting rev2.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
What is that "1 1/2 inch vent from 1st floor kitchen sink"? That does not seem to fit in.

jut

Reaction score
What is that "1 1/2 inch vent from 1st floor kitchen sink"? That does not seem to fit in.

Hi!

This is a second floor bathroom and that is the vent from the kitchen sink on the first floor. It comes up through the wall and connected to the old lav vent before continuing into the attic and through the roof.

I figured I would need a test tee of some sort on that before it connects to my new 2" vent so that I can fill the new portion with water without it all draining down to the sink and DWV below on the first floor.

Reach4

Reaction score
This is a second floor bathroom and that is the vent from the kitchen sink on the first floor. It comes up through the wall and connected to the old lav vent before continuing into the attic and through the roof.
It looked as if it connected to the 3 inch toilet line. I now understand that it continues down with no other connection on the second floor other than the tee at the *.