Manufacturer recommendation

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mrs3720, Nov 15, 2005.

1. mrs3720

mrs3720 New Member

I want to put in a thermostatic shower valve in the new shower I am putting in. I hear that Moen has a thermostatic with a pressure balance valve called Posi-Temp. Would you recommend this valve or perhaps other forum members have used this? What manufacturer would you recommend. I want to have safety because my daughter is handicapped and I don't want anything to happen. What manufacturer is reliable as far as its faucets and valves? Once I finish it I want it to last.
  2. jeffreyhel

jeffreyhel New Member

equal quality but better design is Delta Monitor or if you can afford it a grohe valve.
  3. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

The Posi-Temp valve is pressure balancing but not thermostatic.
    Moen's pressure balancing **and** thermostatic valve is called "ExactTemp".
    I was not aware that Delta had a thermostatic valve.The Monitor series are pressure balancing.
    Kohler has a couple of thermostatic valves but they are not pressure balancing.
    Off hand I cant think of any major manufacturer that has a thermostatic **and** pressure balancing valve besides the ExactTemp.
    Disclaimer,possibly the European manufacturers sell something like that,I just dont see enough of them to know.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009