Mansfield Aegean 708 review

Users who are viewing this thread

zuperdee

Reaction score
I recently installed a 1.28 gpf Mansfield Aegean 708 in my home. I went with this toilet mainly because I have a banjo shelf in the bathroom which stands at 29 5/8 high, and removing this shelf would open a real can of worms and be a rather expensive proposition, plus we already remodeled this bathroom and replaced the sink just a couple years ago, so I would much rather find a toilet that can fit the space than try to re-configure the space to fit the toilet. I know this really limits the options I have in terms of modern toilets with the comfort height, so I started looking at 1-piece toilets because I have noticed that on average, they generally seem to come in slightly lower in overall height than their 2-piece counterparts. The Mansfield Aegean 708 actually looks like a pretty cool 1-piece toilet, with some pretty decent specs and a rather elegant looking design, especially for the price.

So far, after about 3 weeks of use, it seems pretty good--I haven't had any clogs yet, and it seems to flush extremely well. However, I notice in the forums here that there seem to be a lot of complaints about Mansfield toilets, most particularly the Mansfield Alto 137-160, so I am wondering now if these complaints are specific to that model, or if they apply to ALL Mansfield models. I know much has been said about the trapway design on the Alto 137-160, with its fatally flawed 90-degree bend at the bottom. To my untrained eye, the trapway on the model 708 does look like a slightly better design. I'm attaching a photo of the trapway in case anyone wants to chime in with their opinion on whether or not it would work any better than the Mansfield Alto in the long term.

toilet_01.jpg

Here's the bowl:
toilet_02.jpg

And here's the trapway:
toilet_03.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The important thing is that it fits your use and you like how it looks and works...

With a 600 MAP rating, it should work acceptably, and based on your evaluation, apparently it does.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks