main line video inspection

Discussion in 'Drain Cleaning' started by logicunit, Apr 17, 2014.

1. logicunit

logicunit New Member

Hi,

I recently had main line clog up in my rental property twice in about a month. Once plumber recovered baby wipes.

I got a video camera inspection of the main line. After looking at the video, the plumber said that the pipe is in normal working condition and the stoppage was probably due to the tenants throwing some solid products like baby wipes, tampons etc into the toilet.

I wanted to get a second opinion. Do you think you can take a look at the video and let me know what you think of this?
    [video=youtube;grT7sis8S-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grT7sis8S-4[/video]

Thanks in advance
    Vadim
  2. Bill Shack

Bill Shack 30years plumbing 10years plumbing inspector

first off the inspection was done way to fast, he flew by all sorts of stuff i woulds want a closer look at. Second you have at least four counter slope where there is an down then up slope. there are also some issue with stuff hanging from joints that he went by so fast could be roots. I would like to see an inspection done that takes at least half an hour or more to give you a real opinion.