Mail Order Bride...I mean Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Maemer

Reaction score
I order tons of stuff online....when Sony replaced a bad 52" TV...they shipped it to my front door and I put the bad one in the box and shipped it back to them.....BUT,
Should I order a toilet online...at one spot, I can save $70+ on a TOTO toilet.....
And does anyone know a site where I can order the toilet ANDY the S300e bidet toilet seat together
I just didn't know if the toilet would be safe in shipping....wouldn't want the baby to crack...
Thanks for any help.

TOTO SW3046#01 S500e WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat with EWATER+ and Contemporary Lid, Elongated, Cotton White

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
There are "ethical" reasons to do business with local businesses, reasons that drive a lot of the antipathy on here towards online toilet delivery.

But there are practical reasons as well...a significant percentage of the stuff (from 10 to 40 percent) does arrive cracked when shipped UPS or Fedex, even if it is well foamed or packed like the better online places do. Fact is that foam only does so much to save the porcelain when somebody dumps it off the back of the UPS truck even though it says "Fragile" on it.

Figure out what you can get the exact toilet you want for online but don't push the buy button; just keep the "all in, delivered" price in your head. Then call around to 5 local plumbing supply places that you looked up in the yellow pages and give them the exact model number and color that you want and tell them that you're ready to buy today if they have it for a fair price. Don't start off by being a jerk and saying what you can get it online for. Just ask what their best price is. At least one will be a jerk, at least one will be nice but expensive, and at least one will be nice and have a good price. It's amazing how this has turned out to be true all around the country. Then factor into your decision the benefits to your community of buying locally, and the fact that you can inspect the product for defects right there with the seller when you pick it up (they might even deliver).

Just call any random 5 local places in the yellow pages that call themselves plumbing supply. Almost all will be able to order Toto from their distributor even if they don't advertise it. Because they sell to plumbers, many will in fact have some Toto in stock even if they don't advertise it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks