MacClean Iron Filter

Users who are viewing this thread

sg703

Reaction score
I am cleaning and refurbishing my old MacClean chem-free iron filter from the late 80's or so after some incompetent service guys messed it up. I'm nearing completion but don't know what kind of media was used in the tank. Although the last guys to change it left out the stone pebbles it normally used them for a base. The fine media looked like white sand when new. MpH Adder is no longer available. Is calcite granules the same thing? Thanks for any help. The water filter companies all wanted to install a double tank 3-4 thousand dollar setup but this MacClean filter gave us good water. This was our second one after some damage to the first one.

kdo

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I also have an old MacClean iron removal system and need to replace the media. Anyone know what was originally use in these systems?

tlman48

Reaction score
McClean iron filter

I am in the same boat. I also have an old MacClean iron removal system and need to replace the media. Anyone know what was originally use in these systems?

Hi, I have a Maclean Iron filter 17 years old. The original media was birm with the ph+ added to get it up to 8 or so to take out both iron and manganese. I talked to the people that sold it to me the other day and they said now they do a multi media of birm filter ag and calcite and corosex in there new systems.
Hope that helps.
Tim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks