Luxaire Furnace

Users who are viewing this thread

Fudog

Reaction score
I have a luxaire furnace that has been working fine until today. The bathroom sink cold water hose burst and resulted in a small flood and the bathroom is right above the washroom where the furnace is and a little bit of water leaked down onto the top of the furnace.I pulled the cover off and wiped it with a paper towel. A little bit dripped down onto the gas valve where there is a small black plastic cover with 2 screws in it containing a circuit board and there is 2 wires connected to it ( black and yellow). The problem is furnace will light then go out after about 30 seconds. The flame sensor is very clean as I pulled it out and cleaned it again also ignitor is working fine.Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks for listening.:eek:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The general advice I've heard is if a gas valve gets wet, replace it. See what the pros have to say.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks