Low Volume Flush

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by plunging_queen, Apr 4, 2006.

1. plunging_queen

plunging_queen New Member

I have a Mansfield toilet MPP-160.
    It has a 1.6 volume but only flushes 1 gallon, which leads to clogs and frequent plunging. All four toilets do the exact same thing, as measured by a plumber. Flow rate is proper in the pipes, without clogs. How can I get the volume to increase, or do I need to replace all four toilets?
  2. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

What holds the water in the tank? Is it a cylinder with a seal at the bottom or is there a flapper attached to a chain?
  3. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

http://mansfieldplumbing.com/default.asp

Here is a link to Mansfield Plumbing with a phone number. (877) 850-3060

I have always found Mansfield to have helpful phone contacts.

You can get info on some parts but didn't find the model MPP-160.

They well send you to "downloads"; then "price book".

The only thing I find when Googling MPP-160 is a lot of people selling toilet tank covers for about $150 each. If you replace them, maybe you can sell the parts for enough to buy a new toilet.
  4. plunging_queen

A cylinder with a seal.
  5. plunging_queen

low flow toilet

Contacted Mansfield service rep. They are sending me a new float flush valve. Interesting thought to sell the lids. Thanks sooo much!