Low Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

emtutusa

Reaction score
I went on a trip out of the country for a few months and whole gone shut off the water to my house. When I returned home I turned the water back on but started to experience pressure problems in my master bath.

Now my shower has really low pressure. Probably around 50% of what it used to be. Does anyone know what would cause this.

It also (I think because if the low pressure) just kind of drizzles to a stop when I shut it off rather than having a real solid shut off. I don't know if that really makes sense or not. It just doesnt shut off positively but rather slowly stops running.

Does anyone know what would cause this?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Try cleaning the aerators and make sure all of the valves are on. I suspect there is nothing wrong with the pressure, it sounds like the screens are clogged. You can check the pressure with an inexpensive pressure gauge available at hardware stores. Adapt it to a faucet that has threads. Folks often confuse low flow with low pressure. You should have somewhere around 60 to 65 psi, but somewhat less would be OK.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would remove the showerhead and clean the debris out of the restrictor and showerhead...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks