Low pressure in master bath only

Users who are viewing this thread

Camman

Reaction score
I have searched and not found a solution for my problem. In our master bathroom both sinks and the shower have very low water pressure. If they have not been used in a while, they start out ok but then quickly slow to a trickle. This applies to both hot and cold for both sinks and the shower. The toilet appears to fill normally. The rest of the house is not affected at all. I replaced the (Delta) shower cartridge assembly and when I turned it on there was great water pressure and volume but then it slowed to a trickle again. The house is 12 years old, we have a double water heater system (run in series). The builder put in a "loop" that runs from the hot water heater drain pipe up to the master bathroom and back to the water heater to keep hot water available quickly. The symptoms I have described are the same whether the valve in the loop is open or closed. Do you have any ideas about what might be causing this?

Reach4

Reaction score
Your lavatories are low pressure for both hot and cold water? Have you tried the flow with the aerators removed?

Camman

Reaction score
You are a genius! I figured that the aerators were fine because after I changed the cartridge, I had full pressure on all three. But I figured before I wrote back I should try it just so ... Long story short, all three aerators were clogged completely and that solved the problems. Thank you very much!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks