• B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Chewology

Reaction score
Ok I have a 1500sq home wired on a 200amp service. I have a garage wired with the main power outside ran constantly live to a 100 amp service 6 guage wire. There's a appartment above the garage. Was wired this way to prevent lights in my home from flickering etc. (I did not do this). it's worked for years. I got a camper and it needed re wired so Ran a 20 amp breaker on 12/2 wire to the 110 ac in it. Then ran another 12/2 wire to 3 lights and 7 outlets. It has worked for the past three days. Black hot white neutral and bare ground. When my wife turned the garage lights off we lost power in areas of the garage and camper. I checked voltage and notice only one leg. So I checked the live feed from the main breaker and its connected good but only one leg. When I turn off main breaker in the garage I then have 220. This didn't happen til I wired the camper and its basic wiring I just haven't ever heard of this issue is it a back feed possibly. It's night time and haven't checked nothing yet just wanted to bounce idea off u all. Thanks in advance and sorry for the novel.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I checked voltage and notice only one leg. So I checked the live feed from the main breaker and its connected good but only one leg. When I turn off main breaker in the garage I then have 220.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? We do not know what you are checking or where. "I then have 220", WHERE.

Chewology

Reaction score
quote; I checked voltage and notice only one leg. So I checked the live feed from the main breaker and its connected good but only one leg. When I turn off main breaker in the garage I then have 220.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? We do not know what you are checking or where. "I then have 220", WHERE.
On the main power feeding the 100 amp service in the garage. When I turn on the lights in the garage and the camper it will single phase and only every other breaker will have power. This didn't happen til I wired the camper but it all worked perfect for 2 days. I checked all wires are correct and tight. Sorry for not being precise about my question but I do appreciate u for trying to help. My camper is wired on two 20 amp breakers one for ac and one for lights. When this issue happens the ac will work but lights in the garage or camper will not work. But garage door will work.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; When I turn off main breaker in the garage I then have 220.

Where is this in relation to the "single phase" panel, and where do you have 220 at that time?

Reach4

Reaction score
When voltage drops a lot when you put a load on the line, there is a high resistance (bad) connection somewhere in the path. Your meter draws very little current, so a very high resistance gives pretty much normal voltage.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
O... I got a camper and it needed re wired so Ran a 20 amp breaker on 12/2 wire to the 110 ac in it. Then ran another 12/2 wire to 3 lights and 7 outlets. It has worked for the past three days. Black hot white neutral and bare ground. When my wife turned the garage lights off we lost power in areas of the garage and camper.

This second 12/2 for lights and outlets. Is it in the same breaker as the AC run or is it another new run ? Or did you tap off the garage light switch circuit. Where are these lights and outlets. In the camper?
For anyones guess, you have a 200 amp main panel and a 100 amp panel??????? Is the 100 amp a subpanel of the 200 amp panel? Was the garage light always there and working? It doesn't seem possible that the wiring could be this screwed up and still work. On the on set and without pictures, I can't believed that the garage light switch disconnect power to the one leg of the panel.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks