looking for a self contained plumbing wall unit for shower and bathtub

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jeanne, Jul 17, 2006.

1. jeanne

jeanne New Member

I live in a cemet house,and the plumbing cannot go into the wall,there is a self contained unit with all the plumbing inside,it sets on outside of wall. I am looking to find another unit like it. please if anyone knows wher I can find it.please let me know.I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You could put up a thin wall - 2x4 would probably work, then you could use any construction technique for the rest of the shower you wanted to, to include tile. Some of the prefab stalls may have enough of an offset to allow the plumbing and valve to fit if sitting against the wall.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

shower

Home Depot has, or did have, the Grohe unit.
  4. tyhs

tyhs New Member

Where do you live? ******* around here sells a SeaWave IV which is more or less a self contained unit although you may need to do what jadnashua suggested. Where does the water come from now? Where does it drain?

Another thought might be to check RV (as in Recreational Vehicles) suppliers and web sites.

Good luck.

ty