Longer Daubers

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
I know the local HD/Lowes don't carry this stuff, but does longer daubers for pipe cement/primer exisit ? I plan to just leave the stub on the floor to facilitate a cleaner cabinet install with not a large sweeping hole for the water feed so that he can slip and slide both the feed and DWV into the kitchen cabinet.

So basically my RO DWV stub will be sitting 4" below my cabinet as the toekick/floor is usually 4" high.

Does longer daubers exists ?

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
industrial rated cotton ball on a stick

chefwong said:
I know the local HD/Lowes don't carry this stuff, but does longer daubers for pipe cement/primer exisit ? I plan to just leave the stub on the floor to facilitate a cleaner cabinet install with not a large sweeping hole for the water feed so that he can slip and slide both the feed and DWV into the kitchen cabinet.

So basically my RO DWV stub will be sitting 4" below my cabinet as the toekick/floor is usually 4" high.

Does longer daubers exists ?

Oh, you mean the little industrial rated cotton ball on a stick attached to the glue and primer lid? First I thought you meant dowel bar and couldn't spell. Then I googled it and found Mud Dauber. :) Didn't think you'd want a longer than 4" insect.

I installed my cabinets and then drilled holes and ran my plumbing. Because I had access from below, I could make all my connections down there and made only small holes in the cabinet. With the escucheon plates on, it will cover any mistakes. So, that could be another option besides gluing where you can't get to.

Could prime your pipe before you lay cabinet on and then load up generous amount of glue in your fitting only and hurry up and stick it in the hole and place it on pipe.

Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks