Leaky Delta Kitchen Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

TheBreeze

Reaction score
I have a Delta Kitchen faucet. It was leaking under the sink, so I got a rebuild kit and replaced all the parts--the two springs and rubber seats for hot and cold water, the cam and cam seal, plus the two o-rings that you have to remove the spout part to get at. There are still some drips below the sink...they're trickling down the hose that goes from the faucet to the sprayer. They seem to be coming from the faucet end of that hose.

Any hints as to what to do next? I didn't really crank down the handle, but maybe it needs to be tighter?

The leak only occurs when the faucet is on, so it's not on the supply side.

Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It could be the hose, but the only way to tell WHERE the leak is would be if we were there and turned the faucet on ourselves. "cranking down on the handle" should do nothing other than maybe damage the faucet.

TheBreeze

Reaction score
Here's a picture showing where I beleive I see the water coming from. Either I need a new sprayer hose, or a new washer in the hose where it threads into the faucet. I'm pretty sure the leak is NOT coming from where the hose threads onto the faucet (plumber's tape end visible). So, is there a replaceable washer at that location in your experience, or do I just go get a new hose?
SprayerLeak.jpg

SHR

Reaction score
No replaceable washer at that location. Those threads are 1/4" pipe threads and the threads make the seal. Replace the sprayer hose with a similar hose and it will solve your leak problem at that location. Now, where is the retainer nut for the hose guide through the sink? I would put purchase of a new faucet on my to-do list, that one is in rough shape.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks