leaking Hudson Reed tub faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by kphee, Oct 23, 2006.

1. kphee

kphee New Member

I installed a new Hudson Reed tub faucet on a tiled deck. This unit has the faucet being fed by two remote handles. The faucet also has a diverter valve that sends water to a handheld shower.

My problem is that this Hudson Reed unit uses 3/4" hose type fittings with flat washers (just like a garden hose). I cannot get all of these fittings to seal, 3 out of 7 fittings continue to leak no matter how much I tighten those three fittings.

This seems to be a problematic way to make a plumbing connection, how can I make these fittings seal? Once I get these to stop leaking is this a connection I can trust over time?

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Well, I must confess ignorance here. What the bleep is a Husdon Reed? Where do your get these? You will need to refer to the manufacturer's installation instructions and possibly call them.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. kphee

kphee New Member

Hudson Reed is a British manufacturer of bathroom and kitchen fixtures, http://usa.hudsonreed.com/

I'll try and contact them, they try and limit their support to e-mail only and I have read on other plumbing forums that it can take several days to get a response.

5. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

The washers it came with are probably either not thick enough or not "rubbery" enough to make a good seal. If it really uses garden hose type washers, try buying a different brand and/or using two of them if they are the thin type. You might also want to try wrapping the male threaded ends with teflon tape. Unless there's a split in the fitting, you should be able to get a good seal.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006