leaking drake toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Djoe

Reaction score
I have a Drake toilet that is about a year old. I noticed it filling constantly so I called a plumbing supply and they suggested I replace the diaphragm in the g-force valve, which I did, but that didn't stop the filling problem. I then noticed that the tank leaks slowly (I can hear the water trickling) thus draining the tank, hence the constant refilling. The flapper seems to be in fine condition and the ring that it sits on has no apparent build-up or damage. We are now turning off the water supply between flushes to save water.
Any suggestions that would lead to a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Unless the chain is too long and is caught under the flapper, replace the flapper valve. They can look fine, but wear out. They normally last longer than that, but if you use anything in the tank (tablets, or a dispenser), STOP...it eats up rubber parts. Some water supplies can do it too. Lowes sells flappers for Toto; they're made by Korky.

The other possibility is if the flapper valve seat is loose. To tighten that, you have to remove the tank and tighten the (big!) nut on the bottom (it should have been checked upon installation). You'll need either a special wrench, or a big pair of slip-joint or channel lock pliers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks