leak in water softener internal valving

Users who are viewing this thread

Timmy

Reaction score
On 11-19 I posted my problem with loss of water pressure due to a leak somewhere in our plumbing which I could not find. I just found the leak is in my water softener. The drain hose from the softener goes into my sump crock so that explains why I could never find a leak in any of the usual places. Apparently after the final backwash cycle is complete a valve doesn't close completely allowing a path for water to continue flowing at a rate of a little more than a cupfull per minute. The softener is a Sears unit bought in 1998 which still works well aside from the leak problem. It is their "Demand Water Softener" which automatically determines when it needs to regenerate. Can anyone tell me if it would be practical to try to fix it and if so what is likely the problem? Or is the best solution a new softener?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks